October Blog Roundup!

New November new sugar free me! Is it me or the 1st day of a new month feels like a fresh start? Well, since it's that time of month I've decided to look how well October went.Now, this post is based off of my October Blog Goals check it out here:

1) I want to improve my writing skills to encapsulate my audience and improve my blog’s aesthetic!
To be honest I'm not sure how this went. My views were drastically varied on some blog posts compared to some others like this post getting 44 views and others getting like 9? I believe it's because I'm not quite found my niche yet and people probably struggled to keep up with my #Blogtober posts everyday! There's another possibility my writing was a little different in some of the posts too so I'm going to look at my most popular posts and try and write it a bit more like that for the entirety of November.
2) Learn more about the features of blogger (the website I’m using)
I definitely achieved this goal. I learned about all sorts from themes to the html editing - especially for claiming my website through Pinterest
3) Gain 100 followers on Twitter!
To be honest this was way too easy... And so, I upped my aim and tried to get 450 followers! I unfortunately didn't get that but I wasn't far off with 438 as of the 31st. Not bad for a first month of blogging! You can follow me @ElectricallyE on twitter if you want too.
4) Complete #Blogtober18
I didn't quite I found it hard, I wasn't prepared for it and I believe I gave up on around the 25th but I'd say that was pretty good even though I didn't complete it. I found it a real eye opener to the blogging community and the commitment required!
5) Better photos and better photo editing!
This was by far the best goal I ever made. It was so useful. I have started using canva and picmonkey for photo editing making it so much easier for Pinterest and advertising my blog posts. Photos really catch people's eyes. And, I also used unsplash for free stock photos which really saved me time.
Overall I'd say my goals went pretty well and I achieved most of them, I actually enjoyed learning a little bit more about blogging. I learnt a lot more than I would ever have imagined. Keep following my blog to find out my goals for November!
Thank you for reading today's post I hope you enjoyed it! Let me know any tips and tricks you have in the comments below or at any of my social platforms!

Comments

  1. Great goals! I didn't make it through #blogtober either, but I did give it a shot. Since it was my first ever I grant myself some leniency. Next year we got this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm glad you commented it's lovely to hear from someone else trying out #Blogtober!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I am Grateful for!

Origins of October

October blog goals