2018 was BAD and here's why...

This year was a real bummer! Not sure about you but for me I suffered so much stress and hopelessness through exams and putting pressure on myself to do well. Or even just the stress of typical teenage insecurity of friendships and my appearance.

"What if it all goes wrong?" This became my eternal chant inside the back of my head for the majority of 2018.

Somehow, I don't feel alone. Every year I feel. UGH!
"It was worse than last year!"
And I have a slump. How am I ever going to achieve my 2018 resolutions now?

BUT... As I stated earlier, I'm not alone. And. Neither are you! Whilst researching for this post I decided it would be a bright idea to look up '2018 was a bad year'. Here's the results:





Perhaps 2018 has not actually been a bad year. Shocking, I know! It's like seeing only Instagram models on your social media 24/7 - it impacts your ability to recognise beauty in normal people and even yourself. Looking mirror sometimes and I'll think everything is  a flaw.  Everyone in society is constantly comparing themselves to others, many people think to be beautiful you have to follow the trends and that also results in copying new years resolutions.

This was my truth. 2018 was the first real year I gave new year resolutions a shot. I'd seen pandemonium all over YouTube about it and I caught on! Watching a few videos can change your mindset. I decided to implement some of their suggested goals into mine, "notice beauty more" etc...

Looking back on that I wasn't clear enough or even sure of what it was I was trying to improve. I mean nobody's going to be surrounded by beautiful things everyday, although it's a nice thought. So the lesson you should learn from that is not to copy other people's ideas without personalising them to you at all.


A few of my goals also emphasised my anxiety and ability to compare myself to literally anything. "less sarcastic comments." TO be honest, I'm not a horrible person and my sarcastic comments aren't demeaning to others. The only reason why I wanted to stop was so that I could fit in more. Truthfully, it hasn't made me feel any better and it's just made my banter a little less funny! A Slytherin should really just embrace themselves.

To conclude, 2018 was a bad year because I let my anxiety and constant comparison to others start off my year with tainted goals. For 2019 I think everyone's goal for their resolutions is to make sure it doesn't change your personality for the worse and that your goals will actually apply to you. I hope you learn from my resolution mistakes and I wish you the best for a lovely 2019! You can support me on twitter or on pinterest but most importantly in the comments down below!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All About Me

10 Things I am Grateful for!

Life Update!