The Problem With Jealousy...


Sometimes life just gets macabre. Doesn't it? That's when hives of jealousy pour out of everywhere and you're left comparing yourself to others and begrudging them for their success - even if it's something silly like cleaning the sink.
You've got my attention now, but how do I fix it? How do I stop comparing myself to others? How do I get my life back?
You see that's a tricky question... The untold truth is that nobody can just stop you feeling jealous at the drop of a hat. It's up to you. BUT, that's okay! It means that you're life is just a little bit more personalised. 
So is that it then?
Of course not! Just because I can't stop you from being jealous doesn't mean I can't give you a few pointers. Don't know about you but I always see videos about this kind of thing. Perhaps I'll blend into the mix but I want to give you some advice.
                                                           What is it that makes you feel jealous?
Usually, it's other people's success that make me annoyed. A little part of me is always like "I could have got that!" "I worked harder for that, so I should have been given that opportunity!" The problem with that mentality is that it becomes smothering and it'll make you a great sceptic of any future possibilities you have.

The key to figuring out jealousy is your acceptance with failure.
Whether it's social rejection or failing a test. It's the same MO at the end of the day. If you fail, all it means is that you've got something to work on, you can't ever be perfect. Neither can I, your neighbour or the rest of the world. Your viewpoint shapes you and so does your failure. So why would you want to be anyone else? 

AND, we see everyone else's life through a filter. We don't know what their situation is at home or at work. They could be doing a terrific job with hundreds of opportunities and all they thinking about is that their not good enough. 

Take that leap into loving yourself. Don't be like me and believe in jinxes or karma - sure it may exist but that doesn't mean it should stop you from feeling confident going to make friends or to slay that test. Worst case scenario you don't make friends or you fail the test. There's always going to something around the corner if you look out for it and use your failure to improve yourself!

Thanks for reading today's post! I hope you enjoyed it and it related to your experiences a bit. Why not tell me you're struggles or over comings with jealousy on my twitter,pinterest or in the comments below!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All About Me

10 Things I am Grateful for!

November Blog Goals