A Six of Crows Review



A Six of Crows is written by the New York Times best seller Leigh Bardugo. And, in today’s post I’m going to be telling you on whether or not you should read it yourself!

First of all, the book is set in the “Grisha Verse” where there are some with magical abilities to alter the world. Leigh Bardugo has written other series in the same universe such as the “Shadow and Bone” trilogy.

There are six different characters and viewpoints in this book:

·         A convict with a thirst for revenge

·         A sharpshooter who can’t walk away from a wager.

·         A runaway with a privileged past.

·         A spy known as the Wraith.

·         A heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.

·         A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.

This book is fantastic! I rate it 5/5 stars because it was a really original idea and I just couldn’t put it down.

My favourite parts of the book were the different viewpoints. In the past I’ve read books like this e.g.- Game of Thrones and they were just not my kind of thing. These books can be quite difficult to read especially if you only like some of the characters.

BUT… I loved all the characters and I put that down to the good backstories for every single character – which is no small task. I feel the story is very rich and exciting which must have taken a lot work and research!

Other notable things to point out was the different interactions with characters like romance and bromance. I found at times this book was a feel-good moment and at other times it was quite sad and hopeless, so just like a heist movie but with more flare!

Now, the one thing I wish that wasn’t there was the ‘betrayal’ at the end. To me, it was ALARM BELLS at the beginning with the 30 million heist and the ‘betrayal’ didn’t surprise me at all. I find it hard to tell if it was intentional or not for me as a reader to spot one of the main endings by a mile off!

In the end though I still found the book well written and overall a good experience. The ending was still quite good with other events (I won’t spoil it!) happening. SO, are you going to check it out? If that’s the case let me know in the comments below! Thanks for reading and I hope you have a good day!

Comments

  1. Sounds really interesting am goin to recommend to my book club! Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I am Grateful for!

All About Me

October blog goals