Setting up a Self Care Box



Good day everyone! For the 13th day of #blogtober I’ll be telling you how I set up my self-care box after seeing the post “How to Create a Self Care Box” at crunchyleavesamdsunsets.co.uk. Here's a link! This post is really invigorating, and I definitely suggest you go ahead and check it out!

Anyway, the box I used was my previous glossy box from September! The box is pretty and pink, and I used the stuffing it comes with to hide some butterfly stickers for when I’m feeling down and need a happy surprise. Adding stickers to the stuffing also helps the box be a little more colourful which is essential to brighten your mood!


Then I added some of my favourite things!

So, for skincare I added 3 0.99p Superdrug face masks because they are quick, easy, and inexpensive to replace. And, in my opinion for a self-care box to work efficiently the products cannot be irreplaceable because for me I feel I need to use self-care around once a week.

Another skincare product I added was the British Rose Body Butter, this has an amazing scent and I absolutely adore the Body Shop body butters! The fact that I adore these products will boost my mood and keep my skin fresh.


I added a super dry mini spray (Number 3) as it’s compact but also is a nice long-lasting smell. Having a nice scent can be good for your room and make you feel more confident!

CANDLE! Okay, I couldn’t quite manage to fit a full candle in the box so instead I put a little tealight in. They are also inexpensive, replaceable, and come in massive multipacks. They of course are never going to be the best quality of candle for the price. But, I’d still say it’s worth it because a tiny candle is the only flicker of hope you need to improve your mental health and stability.

I also popped in a mini sample of the “beauty protector volume spray” as it smells smashing and actually has an impact on hair, making it stylish which boosts my confidence even in the worst of times.

Finally, I added in henna. I’m certainly never going to be the best at it and my hand coordination is not too fab, but henna gives me a creative outlet and is like a tattoo that you can create yourself!


I’m going to try this box out for the remainder of the month and make a follow up post to tell you guys on how well it worked. My hypothesis is that these are all items I love and enjoy so hopefully they will make a great combination to boost my mood, confidence, and ability to reach my goals.

Thank you very much for reading! I hope you enjoyed today’s blogpost. Let me know what you think in the comments below, or at @ElectricallyE on twitter and enjoy the rest of your day!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I am Grateful for!

October blog goals

All About Me